Friday, November 6, 2009

The roller coaster of sleep...

We like to take things day by day here...or night by night I guess. Mabel is all over the board right now with her night time sleep. Wednesday night was not good at hall. We put her down and she was up about an hour later just screaming. It took about two hours to settle her and by midnight she was out. She work two more times during the night and then at 5am.

Last night she would not go to sleep, maybe it was the added excitement of my brother and her wife just stopping by, it surprised me too since they live an hour away! It was nice for them to visit and it was the first time they saw Mabel in her spica. Bedtime got pushed back a bit and Mabel fought it tooth (she does have four of them) and nail...it took over an hour of her protesting and crying before she finally went to sleep. Sleep came in the form of me laying on the floor with her letting her nurse because I was so tired I myself was falling asleep in the rocking chair.

I think this is more about her wanting me than the cast...but how do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment