Sunday, November 29, 2009

Deck the halls...

Technically I was suppose to work this Saturday, but because of the the holiday my every other Saturday got switched a bit - this was information I found out on Friday at work...how excited was I?

We had such a great Thanksgiving and a great few days of sleeping through the night. I unfortunately stayed up too late Friday night working on Mabel's first birthday invitations. I know I only need six, her social circle is pretty small, but I still wanted them to be special! Mabel then woke terribly upset around 11:30pm after I had just dozed off. She was up until 12:30ish crying off and on. I think it was her teeth, those nasty little buggers are still torturing her, they are right there but have not broken through! Still though, when she cries at night all I can think of is she is uncomfortable because of the cast, I know it isn't always the cast but it feels like it must be.

We had a great Saturday off together, although in the morning I was a bit cranky due to lack of good sleep - partly my fault. I tried a nap, but I think I only dozed for about 15 minutes as I could hear Mabel and Zack partying it up downstairs - I'm as bad as Mabel afraid of missing something fun!

We went out for lunch - Mabel again wowed us. She is very well mannered in public places. She made friends with the two tables next to us, waving and making faces. When we were in the process of waiting to get the surgery and cast done I was so afraid that when we went out with Mabel in the cast people would stare at her or constantly ask why she is in the cast, but we really haven't had a response to her cast yet. I think we are very lucky, she is still pretty small and when we carry her she looks "normal" for lack of a better word. The clothes we use cover everything and when her pants are looking a little short and showing the cast, I cover her cast and loose leg with leg warmers to camouflage the cast. At restaurants she of course can't use a highchair (not that I want her to, those are filthy!) because of her leg angle, so she sits on our laps, no one can see her cast then. I know I shouldn't care what people think, but I don't want people to look at her like something is wrong with her because there isn't anything wrong. She's just Mabel. I want them to focus on her sweet smile and not her spica.

Well, we did have a full day. We also decorated our Christmas tree. Last year was Mabel's first Christmas, but that consisted of us putting the tree up Christmas eve and me managing to throw a little makeup on for a family picture. She was only two weeks at the time of last Christmas and she was also a premie so we were very tired and too overwhelmed to do much for Christmas last year, she was so tiny she fit in her Christmas stocking, but this year I'm just so excited! Mabel's seems excited and pretty curious as to why we have a large plant in our house with lights and shiny things on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment