Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mondays are the best...

Mabel and I had a FABULOUS Mabel & Mommy Day! First we had a great morning of playing and reading books. We then went upstairs to attempt a nap - she played for about 20 minutes quietly in her crib...not a nap, but a good effort. Then we played on the floor some more and when I was changing her diaper it happened! She rolled over!!!! I couldn't believe it, in her cast! I felt like she was 3 months all over again, the moment was that exciting and I was so proud. At first I was afraid I had assisted her in some way because I was changing her and she too had no idea if it was me or her who did it - but boy was she happy! So I flipped her back over and that time I did help a little to see if that is what I did before, but I could have sworn she did it her self...then I put her back on her back again, this time she was a bit annoyed so she just went and flipped that left leg over and yes she did it herself! She was sooooo excited and so was I. I had to see it again so I again put her on her back and now she was really annoyed at me, but sure enough she flipped herself. That's my girl. She's amazing! Of course I called Zack and then my mother to tell them the wonderful news!

At noon we met papa for again since Mabel, Papa and I enjoyed it so much last week. Mabel sure does like to eat out! She's so funny eating her food and looking around to see if the other people in the restaurant are looking her way. She waves and points in excitement and at one point she squealed! She's the best! On the drive home she fell asleep from all the excitement and yummy lunch. I was able to get her out of the car seat and into her crib without waking her. She slept for about another hour! One note about sleeping in the car, I've noticed since the spica cast when she naps she gets quite sweaty, especially if she falls asleep in the car seat, so when she does rarely fall to sleep in the car I try to get home and get her out into her crib because she does quickly get over heated.

At bath time Mabel showed off her new move for Papa, I was relieved, I really wanted him to see her in action since I know it would mean so much to him too. She is sooo good at it, I'll try to get a video, but she flips that casted leg up and over and gently lays it down. That's our girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment