Saturday, November 14, 2009

4 Week Checkup...

Yesterday Mabel had her 4 week post-op check up with the ortho. Mabel as always was an angel at the doctors. They marveled at how still she is when they take her x-ray. She just lays there perfectly still smiling and pointing at the x-ray machine and the red lines it projects on her! She is such a cutie - I love her so!

The doctor said he was very happy with the look of the x-ray. The femoral head is in the right spot so hopefully that hip will grow correctly. Every time we have gone for a check-up my heart is in my throat all day scared that they may find something wrong, I don't know what just something, but I felt much better after speaking to the doctor. I had him also check Mabel's cast to make sure it doesn't look like it is getting tight, he said it was fine and it looks like her cast change is scheduled for November 24th - we are still waiting for the hospital to confirm but that would be prefect! Before Thanksgiving!!!! I don't want to get my hopes up, but I was worried her cast change would be pushed back after the holiday causing her to be in the cast longer overall, but this would be great. Not only would it mean she isn't off track of the 12 weeks because of the holiday, but it would mean a fresh cast for the holiday! That would be something to be thankful for...

Oh, the doctor commented on how clean her cast was...yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment