Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A much better night...

So, Mabel did it! She slept last night from 7:30pm, woke very briefly at 1:30am and then didn't wake again until 6:00am! That kind of success after the last few nights is so amazing. I even slept in my bed! I broke down and let her sleep on her tummy and now that we found that pesky spot in her cast that was wet and fixed it I think she's feeling much happier at night - I hope anyway! We'll see how things go tonight, I don't want to get my hopes up, but I do feel good knowing that she can do it. *knock on wood*

About sleeping on her tummy...frankly it freaks me out. I stare at her in the baby monitor (thank god we registered for the video monitor!). I feel like this horrible irresponsible parent when even her sleep sack says "back is best" right on it! With that said, the reality is she is almost one, she was sleeping on her belly the second she learned to roll herself, she always turned right on her side or belly after I placed her on her back in the crib. I'm double freaked about the fact that the shape of her cast means she needs to be on a pillow when she is laying down. There isn't much info out there on babies in spica cast wanting to sleep on their tummies, but when she is on her tummy she can lift her head and she is able to reposition herself so she is comfortable and when you are in a spica cast if you can get comfortable you do it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment