Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oh my aching __________....

They say the cast added about 3 lbs...I sometimes feel like it is 20 lbs. My Mabel was a dainty not quite 17 lbs flower when they put the cast on her. Honestly it isn't too bad (most of the time), but I certainly feel the results of the extra weight on my body. My shoulders, back arms and well you fill in the blank, ache. I think the major aching is due to picking her up and putting her down in her crib over and over again most nights. Adjusting the crib back to the highest "newborn" height really made a difference. It was sad though since only a few weeks ago we were going to put it to the lowest height because Mabel was just about ready to pull herself up to standing...but I digress.

Last night was a winner of a night! She slept from 8:33pm to 3:20am. She didn't want to go to sleep at first - smiling and being sooo cute, but finally did after over an hour of trying she gave in. She woke briefly and then right back to sleep. That's my girl! See this picture of her sleeping? This was taken the other night by my crazy husband! She had fallen asleep early and it gave us extra time to relax after a long day and previous long night. Every night Zack sneaks into Mabel's room when we are ready for bed and kisses her goodnight (the sweetest thing ever!) and that night she looked so peaceful that he got the camera and next thing I knew I could see flash photography coming from her room! Is he crazy?! Well maybe...but it didn't bother her and what a cute picture right?

Too often I find that people complain more than praise (I'm guilty too i.e. this post on my aching _____!), so I would like to end this post with kudos to Mabel for a well rested night, baby, mama & papa...

No comments:

Post a Comment