Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cast Change Eve...

Well, tomorrow is the big cast change! I am both excited and scared about this, but I know we'll be fine.

Mabel woke three times during the night - three seems to be the magic number for her. Most of the time I can go in her room and pick her up and change her position and she falls right to sleep, but this morning at 3:50am when I went to her crib she smiled at me...I knew I was in for it. She just wanted to play I guess she didn't realize it was not even four in the morning! She tired everything, the funny face, the smiles, the rolling over...I tried everything, rocking, laying on the floor, clean diaper, both of us would not give. She fell back to sleep at 5:20am. I just turned off the alarm (that went off at 5:15) and accepted it will be a LONG day. I realize my posts seem to talk a lot about Mabel's sleeping habits - but hey give me a break it is 5:30 in the morning!

Well, Mabel is a mobile dynamo - I just hope this cast change doesn't set us back any. From what I read it shouldn't but I still worry. We'll have to be at the hospital for 6:30am to check in with day surgery...I guess tomorrow will be another LONG day.

No comments:

Post a Comment