Monday, November 9, 2009

11 Months Old...

Mabel is officially almost one year old. I can't believe the last 11 months have gone by so quickly. I would not change one second of it for anything...my husband thinks that is a crazy statement, he can't figure out how sleepless nights and a colicky could still possess someone to make such a statement, but I stand by it. I would not change anything.

Mabel is a marvel to me. She is has such a great spirit and the cast has not held any of it back. I was so scared that this experience would change her in some way...but it really hasn't.

Every month since Mabel was born we would take our "birthday" picture in the "birthday chair" to mark how much she has grown and she sure has done just that! I would be lying if I said I wasn't sad that this month we had to use a pillow under her cast to sit her up. One of my favorite things about the chair pictures was seeing her slowly sit up more and more every month, but it is ok. A weird sadness happened to me when we were first told of Mabel's surgery and cast, it seemed so stupid but I was sad that she was going to have her first birthday and have christmas and holidays in this cast. The thought of all her wonderful pictures marred with this horrible cast just bothered me so much, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm still sad that she has to have it, but it is temporary...we are three weeks in right? Time does seem to go quicker with babies - although I would never wish any second go quicker than it already feels.

Mabel in a cast is my new reality...it is Mabel cast in all and the pictures will still be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment