Thursday, October 29, 2009

Two Weeks and Counting...

Today marks two weeks in the spica. I'm sorry to report our sleeping is not good. Mabel is still waking up about every hour in a half to two hours. As far as I can tell she is waking because she is trying to roll over and my theory is now that she is able to move around a little better in the cast she is 'forgetting' she cannot roll over and she wakes in frustration. I don't blame her one bit. I'm a wiggler myself when I sleep and until Mabel was encased in her cast she too moved a lot. Poor thing. Another thing I've noticed is the hair on the back of her head is getting matted from her not being able to move while sleeping, kinda like when she was newborn and got a bald spot from her head rubbing against the sheet as she slept. I'm so afraid she'll get a bald spot there. I wouldn't be to surprised, I mean the only time she can sit up without being propped against something is when she is in her spica chair or being held. She only wants to play on the floor for a very limited time right now since moving around is hard for her. I'm trying to encourage her to try and to attempt more crawling. She is doing pretty well.

This morning she had her post-op check up. The head of her femur is in the right spot so now it is up to her body to form that hip socket. The doctor was very happy with the x-ray which in turn makes us very happy. We go back in two weeks and they are now putting in the scheduling request for the cast change four weeks from now. Looks like we are living on a two weeks milestone schedule. I like having a schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment