Saturday, October 24, 2009

Its like Christmas...

Mabel got her new spica chair. It came in the afternoon right before we were starting dinner time, but I HAD to put it together and see what she thought. Zack unpacked as Mabel and I watched, she seemed interested right away. When he had all the parts laid out, he looked at me and said "There are no instructions!" Since I LOVE putting things together and not that I want to brag - hardly ever used the instructions, I handed him Mabel and dove right in. It was really easy to assemble. It felt just like Christmas as I started tighten the screws. When I flipped over the table top I saw the chalk board message to Mabel - it made both Zack and I teary. What an amazing sweet touch.Mabel seemed so excited as she watched the chair go together, once it was done we put her right in even though it was now past dinner time and she does like to stick to schedule. She LOVED it, laughing, rocking, singing. We gave her some toys and she went to town!

Now, I'm a real do-it-yourselfer. I love to make things and I wanted so bad to make her something like this for while she was in the cast...I just couldn't! Life was just too crazy after we found out about Mabel's hip dysplasia and I was just too shot both emotionally and physically. I just couldn't do it, not only time wise but for my sanity to try and get this done in my "spare time" that ironically isn't so spare. So I contacted IvyRose who makes the most amazing spica chairs. She luckily making chairs again - she started when her own daughter needed one. Her chairs so so amazing and fun. I opted to get a plain white chair so I could decorate it for Mabel and feel like I did something just for her. Here are some images of what I did. I stayed up way too late putting it all together so Sunday she could have a finished chair to play with - she seems to love it! Now...where do I put the bean bag chair?

No comments:

Post a Comment