Friday, October 30, 2009

Sleep? I don't need no stinking sleep...

Well, last night was not all I had hoped for. Mabel fell asleep around 8pm and I put her down. She only woke about two or three times before we went to bed at 10pm...I know why 10? Shouldn't we had tried to go to bed sooner? I'm embarrassed to say that first of all I needed to finish Mabel's Halloween costume and second I wanted to watch my Thursday night programs...silly I know.

Anyhoo...Mabel wakes around 11 and settled back down quickly. She then woke around midnight and again settled down quickly. I find that if I pick her up and reposition her she tends to fall back to sleep quickly, sometimes I think she's just crying in her sleep and hasn't woken herself up yet. After midnight she didn't awake until about 2:45, I thought that was actually a pretty good stretch. I got up when I heard her cry and when I got to her crib I knew I as in for it. She was smiling at me! Oh no.....I checked her diaper and changed it. She seemed so playful and happy that I was there "visiting" her in the night. I tried not to talk to her. Stupid me I didn't tie my hair back so she just wanted to play with it - in my defence I thought it would be another five minute visit like before. Well, she did not plan to fall back to sleep. I tried everything, rocking, singing - well not nursing. I have a personal promise to myself that I know she can go through the night without eating and I'm keeping it that way even though I KNOW it will put her back to sleep. I'm not opening that can of worms! She would not go back to sleep. I kept thinking, what is keeping her awake? What is bugging her? Easy answer: THE STUPID CAST! Anyway around 3:30 as she continued to cry and fight sleep as I rocked her I heard Zack get up. He came in the room and turned the light on - in his sleep deprived and confused state he assumed it must be 6 am and I was either downstairs in the shower or pumping and it was time to get Mabel up and ready for her day. Poor Zack. Poor Mabel. Poor Me.

It is going to be a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment