Saturday, October 31, 2009

Long night...


Well, sleep has not gotten any better. Poor Mabel wakes about every hour screaming. I can't figure out what is going on - besides the obvious that she has a cast on half her body, but she was sleeping better before this week. I had to "sleep" on the floor of her room on a makeshift bed of pillows and a blanket strategically placed so if I were to fall asleep with her laying on my chest she couldn't slide off me. Luckily her cast puts her legs in a position that fits right around my waist. It seems like most of the time if I pick her up she falls back to sleep on me, but my arm and shoulder is starting to hurt from having to pick her up and put her down in her crib over and over again. I think that cast weighs more than 3 lbs! I'm just so tired I'm afraid I may drop her or fall asleep in the rocking chair with her on me and she may fall, the floor is the safest right now. I haven't been this tired since she was about a month old!

It seems like something is really upsetting her though - you know not just the cast. Could she be itchy? It doesn't seem like she is in pain - I've checked her cast and it doesn't feel too tight, I can slide my finger in there. Could she just want me to hold her? I worked so hard to get her to sleep through the night before this whole cast thing, now it feels for-not. Well...today is going to be a long day, figures it would be a Saturday I had to work and Halloween to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment