Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A much smoother day...

Today was a much better day. First of all Mabel slept from 9:30 - 7:00, she must have been tired because that isn't normal for her even before that cast! My mom who watches Mabel while I work part-time came over to visit. Mabel was happy to see her Memere. Her mood was over all better as if she was more settled.

Zack had to work late so I did bath routine myself. I had been thinking over and over again on what to do to make it feel more like it was before the cast. Since we got home from the hospital we had been sponge bathing her in her bedroom - that was the first problem. Now keep in mind we were shell shocked the first night we undressed her and just looked at her there on the floor in that cast. We cried seeing her like that, unable to move and it was so new. We also had no idea what to do about bath, we filled a basin and sponge bathed her, she seemed so happy to see the basin of water we put her tub toys in it and let her slash while I held a towel over her cast...we cried seeing her like that. I think we were traumatized to be honest. Tonight I took a new approach. I brought the tubby back into the bathroom. I put her old bouncy seat where her tub went and I did her "naked dance" time on the blanket in her room before like always and then brought her in the bathroom like I use to and put her in the bouncy with a towel on it and sung the bath song. I gave her her tooth brush and toys like aways and "bathed" her like I always did. I even put a towel under her head and washed her hair. I pretended that she was in the tub like always - I even wrapped her in a towel! It seems so simple right, I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner! She had fun!!! (so did I)

Going to bed as a bit harder tonight, she had a hard time winding down. I'm still giving her Tylenol at night, I'm not a big medicine person, but I think she must have discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment