Friday, December 4, 2009

Mabel's new teeth...

Mabel has two new teeth that have broken through officially. She has been getting her teeth in pairs from the beginning and these two so far have been the worst. They are the two upper teeth next to her front teeth, making the grand total of teeth six! She has had a hard time of it, yesterday her gums were bleeding, poor baby. My mom, who watches her while I'm at work, said she cried for about an hour around 11am after I left for work.

Going to bed last night was not pretty, she just would not fall asleep! I have been so tired this past week. I've been working on Christmas cards, Mabel's birthday and various other tasks that probably aren't important, but are to me. I'm tired and Mabel just wouldn't go to sleep until 9:30! That is way too late, but I know her teeth still hurt. At around 8:30 I realized I had been so busy all day I forgot to drink any water! I remember when Mabel was first born and colicky and Zack would come home from work and I would realize I went all day without eating or drinking anything - I just forgot! Well, I did that yesterday. Work was crazy, I had to sort laundry in the morning. When I got home I cleaned up the front yard and put some Christmas greens in the window boxes. I ate a snack but forgot to grab a water and then at dinner Mabel was almost going to fall asleep so I ate so fast but again forgot to drink. So there I was sitting in a dark room with a very awake baby focusing on how thirsty I was. So I had to ask Zack for some water, he brought me up a bottle and of course Mabel was thrilled to see Papa. It did wind her right back up, but in the end she did fall to sleep - finally.

The last few nights she has slept through the night, she has been rolling in her sleep since she has the new found ability to go from belly to back. This morning she woke at 4:30 crying and "half rolling". She kept lifting her cast and drooping it down, maybe she was too sleepy to put all the effort into rolling? She has been so very mobile, crawling everywhere. I need to baby proof more! It warms my heart to watch her crawl so well, I know that when she gets her brace there will be no holding her back, I mean the cast is just so heavy and if she can cruise in that, well, we better watch out!

Today we have an x-ray and check up. It has been two weeks in our new cast. It may be my paranoid fears, but twice I swear I heard her hip pop when I was nursing her - I think that is impossible with the cast, I am pretty sure it is impossible, but I'm going to ask the doctor...hopefully the x-ray will show good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment