Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Don't want to jinx it...

Mabel has been in such a great mood lately and the more excititing news is the last four nights Mabel has slept straight through the night from the second I put her to bed! I thought the first night it was because she was so tired from the excitement of Christmas. Then the next day I thought it was because she was on a nap strike, then the same for the third day...and yesterday morning by the time she woke she slept almost twelve hours total! Yesterday she did nap so it isn't the exhaustion of no napping, it is just like old times, you know sans cast. I wake up at night and look in the monitor and she is in a different position every time, she likes to move. On her back, on her side (balancing that cast in the air!), on her tummy...at the top of the crib, at the bottom, laying sideways...you get the idea!

I don't want to jinx anything. I mean the last few nights of a full sleep have been amazing, I feel like a new person! Since I have had Mabel I think I've been in a fog. Sometimes I'm so tired that when I'm in a conversation with someone I hear them talking but it is like they are speaking another language! That really only happens when I'm also with Mabel, at work I'm able to pull it together since I can focus on my job and not her. Is that normal for every mom?

Well, anyway, it is down to 10 days left. I'm trying to not get too excited, I'm so scared that we'll go in and they will say the cast has to stay on. It won't be the end of the world, but it would be devastating at that moment. It can happen and I read it happens fairly often that they want more time in the spica after seeing the x-ray. But, part of me is seeing the light at the end of this tunnel. I can't wait to kiss her left knee! I got her footie pajamas ready to go, I haven't been able to put footie pajamas on her in almost three months! I have new tub toys! We're ready, lets hope that hip is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment