Friday, December 11, 2009

Busy Night & Day...

Well the last two days (and nights) can never be described as boring! Wednesday night Mabel was having a hard time staying asleep. I put her to be around 8:15 and by 9:10 she was wake and crying, back down she went back up again at 10:30, back down again back up at 11:30...she tries to roll and gets stuck sideways in her crib - that sounds cute, but it sure isn't when it goes on and on. She just wants to get comfortable and can't, she wants to move and can't because there isn't enough room in her crib and it wakes her. Poor Mabel...poor Mama!

When I got up at 11:30 the house felt a bit cool. I'm fine with it being on the cooler side, but it did feel cooler than normal. After I put Mabel back down I checked the thermostat and it said 62! We ran out of oil. I knew that was it, but couldn't check the furnace because Mabel woke again crying - could she be cold? Is that why she is moving so much? A lot of questions to ask yourself when you are so tired. I got her again and she felt toasty warm in her sleep sack - that cast makes her warm too. I had to wake Zack and tell him how to test the furnace, it didn't work so he had to call the oil company - it is now almost Midnight! They said they would be there in an hour! Zack being the sweetest man on earth told me to go back to bed since I had been tending to Mabel thus far and he'd take care of the oil guy. Worked for me! Mabel woke about three more times during the night, but a least by the time she woke at 3:00 it was much warmer in the house.

Thursday morning we met with the orthopedics center to get fitted for Mabel's brace. She will get her cast off at 8:30 am on January 8th and then we'll head to the orthopedics's center to get her brace at 10am right after. The brace looks like a thin REMOVABLE cast that goes from her ribs to her knees keeping her legs in a similar position as the cast...the major and most exciting word is removable! Also it is feather light...watch out world Mabel will be more Mobile! Living for January 8th! From the quick look I got of it it appears to be a Hewson Brace...I'm researching!

Last night too was a very long and tear filled night. I got her to go to sleep by 7:30 but she woke by 10:00 really crying. I just don't know what to do for her some nights she is just so upset. It isn't always the cast, but a lot of times it is...or at least a byproduct of the cast. She is gassy because she can't more like she needs too - the cast! She seems to get sore arms and back on days she crawls around a lot - the heavy cast! She wants to move around her crib as she sleeps - the cast!!! Well, it is another day. We'll see what today and tonight brings and if anything we'll have some fun and heck it is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment