Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Its getting old...

OK, I think I've been a really good sport about the spica cast. I got cute clothing, made the best of every weird situation and figured out some tricks to make life easier, but I have to say I've had it.

I know, I know, we are three quarters of the way there...we have come so far...it is almost over...blah, blah, blah! Twelve weeks is a long time I'll tell you, and only being eight and a half weeks in now feels like time is stalling. When we started this whole process it felt like the end would never be near and now that it is sight if feels like time is moving so slow. Maybe it is because I can literally count the days until her big cast off...or maybe it is because I counted wrong? You see the last week I kept saying we only had three weeks left, but I was wrong. We have now three and a half and when I thought it was three it was four, so now it is a week longer in my mind and now it feels like forever.

Mabel is sick of it too. She's itchy, that is hard at night. She is ready to move more, but gets stuck in her crib sideways. She got stuck four times before midnight last night. She gets so upset and I can't blame her. Each time I had to put her back on her belly or on her back and each time after that she would worm around again and get stuck again. Poor Mabel. When she woke at 11:00 pm I could have sworn it was 3:00am because I couldn't believe she had woken so much since 9:00 when we went to bed...I was hoping to get some sleep by going to bed early...that didn't quite work out.

So, I'm sick of the spica. I wish we were at the end of this whole thing. We'll get through, we'll keep plugging along and we'll count the days (correctly) until January 8th. I have a feeling the brace will get old fast too - although it will be a vast improvement over this cast. We haven't got word from the doctor as to how long she'll be in the brace all day, that will depend on her x-ray when the spica comes off, but from what I read basic rule is she'll be in the brace full time as long as she was in the cast...yep...twelve weeks! That will put her at 16 months old. Well, at least we'll be able to give her baths!

No comments:

Post a Comment