Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday comes too fast...

My week begins again, but at least it isn't a long one. We had such a great weekend. It started out a bit rough, I had to work Saturday, but Zack and Mabel had a great day and it got even better later in the afternoon Zack's parents came over with Issac, Mabel's older cousin. Issac is one year and three days older than Mabel. Mabel was so excited to show Issac her piano and toys. They both sat on Zack's mother's lap and looked at picture books. She would ask them "where's the elephant?" Issac would point and Mabel would look at him like, "I think she was asking me!" After a few minutes Mabel was getting really quick with the pointing since she realized she had to act fast or Issac would answer all the questions. She kept up pretty well considering the age gap!

Sunday was a nice quite family day, although I'll admit I had a hissy-fit because I had to clean the house and had a ton of stuff to do, but the day came together well. We went to the Irish Ceili to watch the dancing again. This time they totally made us dance. It wasn't as bad or as embarrassing as you would imagine. Mabel met a little girl that was 10 days younger than her. This little girl was walking up a storm - I think it gave Mabel some ideas because yesterday Mabel cruised around the ottoman! The day started with my step-sister and her 8 month old coming over in the morning. I think Mabel was confused as to why he didn't do much, but she seemed to like him just the same. She did get fussy and fell asleep about an hour into the visit but that was fine - you can see how wiped out she was in the picture above. After they left she did not want me to hold her or take another nap in the afternoon. After a heated argument on her part about not wanting to nap I put her down standing at the ottoman, and she took a step sideways! Then another and and another. You and see the video below. I was so proud I emailed the video to Zack and bought her a cart to walk with, originally I planned on buying this cart for her first birthday, but obviously didn't because of her being in the cast, but now she'd love it...can you tell I'm excited?! Oh yeah, I'm also terrified by the thought of her walking, but still excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment