Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another great weekend!

Oh, Tuesdays are a bummer. I hate having to go back to work for the week, but we did have a stellar weekend!

Saturday when I got home from work Mabel was sleeping and Zack filled me in on how the two of them had a great day of playing and visiting with Zack parents. It is nice that Mabel and Papa have their day too, even though it is every other week. We all enjoyed a nice walk around the neighborhood together. Mabel loves when Papa comes on our walks!

Sunday we decided to check out the playground not too far from our house. Mabel had a blast in the swings. Look how little she looks in the swing! She just couldn't decide and kept asking to try another. I guess she wanted to see if they were all the same. My mom speaks to her in french during the day, so she says more in french. It is pretty cute. So she points at everything and says "encore". Very sweet. I had to explain that to our physical therapist since Mabel kept saying it. So she tried all the swings and loved the slide. It is a bit hard since she can't walk and I know she really wanted to crawl around, but she did great. We saw ducks - she quacked! We sat down by the river watching the birds too. All very fun stuff. It is great seeing her do stuff like this, I keep remembering when she was in the spica and couldn't fit into anything. I do wish she were able to walk, seeing all those babies her age and younger than her being able to really enjoy the playground broke my heart a bit as she watched pointing saying baby all excited seeing them climb on the toddler area, but she'll get there too.

Monday Mabel and I had to hit the store so afterwards she and I enjoyed the park again since it was so nice out. She wanted to stay in the swing and point at all the other babies. She stayed in there for 45 minutes! She was starting to fall asleep! She did not want to go for a stroller walk at all, just swing. We headed home and ate lunch then she enjoyed an amazing nap. We had a great day of playing on the floor afterwards and laughing. She's so much fun!

Well, back to work today! This weekend we are hoping to try out an indoor playground that is in the area. I think she'll love that since she'll be free to crawl around and climb things and yes they have swings!

No comments:

Post a Comment