Monday, April 19, 2010

Music to a Mama's Ears...

We've had a great weekend and yesterday the nicest thing happened. In the morning instead of waking to Mabel's crying for me I heard, "Mama" then a minute later louder, "Mama" and then slightly louder, "Mama?" It was so great to wake up to that, it would have been greater if it were later than 5:20am, but I won't be picky. Mabel has been waking up early this weekend, it is a funny thing, I think she has ESP. When I think about sleeping in a bit she will wake up around 5:00 but when I get up at 5:00 like this morning she keeps sleeping, I don't get it. I sometimes swear that nobody in this house wants me to sleep, not Mabel, not the three cats...OK maybe Zack since he lets me take naps, but besides that anyone who knows me as Mama won't let me sleep! All weekend if Mabel didn't wake me up the cats did, but I digress...Look at how excited she is to be sitting next to two of her fuzzy siblings! It isn't every day that she has two sleepy cats willing to let her touch them!

We had a great weekend. We went out to eat on Saturday. There is a little restaurant about 45 minutes away that shares Mabel's name. She of course fell asleep in the car about 10 minutes before we reached our destination so Zack and I sat in the car while she finished her nap. It was actually nice to have down time to sit and talk and sing to the radio and when she finally woke up the plus was she was in a great mood! She got to taste the forbidden fruit of french fries and then some ice cream for dessert, of course as a good mom I filled her up on her applesauce, blueberries and mixed cereal first. She's a funny girl when we are out and about, she is very serious and quiet when someone tries to talk to her, but when she thinks it is the three of us she starts talking and hooting and then when someone is drawn into watching her cuteness an tries to approach she clams right up. Not that I blame her, I mean I wouldn't want strangers coming over and trying to talk to me either!

Well, today is our Monday...I guess I could have slept in! She's still asleep and it is almost 7:00, oh well, at least I got the checkbook balanced and my blog updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment