Saturday, July 10, 2010

A walk on the beach...

Mabel walked a lot today! We visited my mother at her home for a change, Mabel probably thinks she lives in the car since she watches Mabel at our house and Mabel has only been out to her place a few times. At my mom's Mabel walked around unassisted more than I've ever seen. Maybe she was too interested in the new surrounds to notice that she wasn't holding our hands - or maybe it was the yellow ball my mom took out of the closet for her. She would throw the ball then walk over and pick it up and throw it again! She did great! Then after that we took Mabel to the beach to walk in the sand. Mabel walked, and ran with papa, and even put her feet in the water - well a wave touched her feet! She loved it! Originally we planned on making a morning of the beach, but the forecast said rain so we thought we'd just visit for a walk - good thing because about a half an hour after these pictures it poured!

Then off to the store after her nap and Mabel walked around Target! She held onto our hands and walked up and down the isles with us. I love seeing the smiles on people's faces as they passed us. They didn't even seem to mind that we were slowing traffic down!

I just can't explain the feeling I get when I hold Mabel's hand and she walks next to me with those tiny steps. Then to add the feeling I get when she's holding on to both mine and Zack's hand walking in between us, smiling the whole time - our little family!

Well, those little legs must have been tired by the end of the day because Miss Mabel was fussy and tired! We had a great day though - more practice tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment