Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lady of Leisure...

Holiday Weekend! I love the weekend, being with Zack and Mabel is the best - no matter what we do. Now, I didn't get a longer weekend for the holiday, it was my typical weekend, but it was still perfect.

The last week I've been working some extra hours at work, I'm still part time, but I'm working an extra hour a day...it is hard. It is only an hour, yes, but that hour I'm so aware I was spending with Mabel and now I'm not. It also throws off Mabel's night time by about an hour. Dinner is later, tubby is later and bed - yes that is later too. It is crazy how one little hour could change life so much!

So enough of my whining, I'm still a lucky Mummy that is able to work less than full time, but I just miss my baby! So that is exactly why I love the weekends. This weekend was no exception. We visited another beach and Mabel had a blast again. She played in the sand this time, I think the water was a bit too cold for her. There was a baby right next to us that was Mabel's age! That baby must have been 10 pounds bigger, sometimes I forget how much of a peanut Mabel is (she looks big to me!). The other baby was walking in and out of the water, Mabel wouldn't have any of that, but we did have a blast.

I feel such a sense of true relief now that Mabel can walk. I can't explain it, even though she isn't free walking all the time like babies her age are, I still feel so good knowing she can. Also every time we are having fun like this all I can realize is that we truly were that her surgery and her casting was in the winter. I remember people saying that to us when we started the process and it made me mad at the time thinking that it didn't matter what time of year it was, that our baby had to go through it at all was horrible, but it is so true that we did luck out there. Mabel didn't have to deal with the heat and we didn't have to miss out on this fun. It also gave Mabel the healing time she needed to really enjoy days like this. So much to be thankful for...even dumb luck timing.

On an amazing note, Sunday Mabel did the coolest thing. We were playing in the livingroom and sometimes I let Mabel endulge in watching Sesame Street videos on YouTube on our Ipod. Well, we watched Elmo use the potty, she thought it was great. About 10 minutes later she said "Pee Pee" and crawled off. We followed her and sure enought she went right to the toilet and patted the lid. I asked her if she needed to sit on the potty and she told me yes so we tried! She looked so tiny percariouly perched on the seat, but she sat there for a little bit then said she was done. She got down, refused to put her diaper back on and peed on the floor. "uh oh...pee pee." she said. But you know I was so proud of her, she had the idea, she knew she had to go and where she needed to try and do it! Its a start. My baby is growning up!

So Mabel and I finished off our Mabel and Mummy Monday with just hanging out at the house trying to beat the 90 degree heat. We did make a quick jont to the store to buy a potty seat - she of course picked out the one with Elmo all over it. I tried to convince her that she waned the simple bamboo one, but no Elmo. I guess I should have known if I brought her with me we'd end up with something like that! Oh well, that one can go upstairs. We had fun, lots of fun! But then again we always do!

No comments:

Post a Comment