Friday, March 5, 2010

Not Expected at All...

I was putting laundry in the washer before work and Mabel was playing in her pack n' play. When my mother arrived I told her that Mabel was playing in her crib, when my mom looked in the other room she said, "She's standing up!". What?!? I couldn't believe it! I looked in and sure enough she pulled herself up to standing. You know most parents have this trill much sooner. I've had people comment how one day you walk in thier nursery and the baby is standing, but I've all but given up that thought. It has been so long since she could be upright and she was casted before she ever even tried to stand and obviously I knew she would stand one day, I just stopped thinking about when. Everything comes in time and the trill is no less trilling, maybe more exciting after all we've been through. It is a sign of how far we've come and how strong Mabel really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment