Saturday, March 6, 2010

Getting Mabel Moving...

I've been thinking of ways to encourage Mabel to crawl on her knees. I guess after three months in a spica and another few weeks in the brace she learned to get around means to drag your legs behind you and old habits die hard. She's doing so much better, moving her legs but still not getting them under her. I was trying to figure something out that may help and came up with this tunnel. We ventured out for the day, a most beautiful day I might add. Zack had a meeting for work so Mabel and I walked around town for about an hour and a half. She even fell asleep in her stroller, that has never happened.

After Zack finished his meeting we went for a nice lunch. Mabel was so refreshed she was charming and sweet saying "Hi" to most anyone who walked past our table.
She ate her lunch and when we were leaving two tables commented on how wonderful of a baby she is. I agree!

We stopped at the toy store, one of my favorite toy stores around, all imagination toys and not much plastic! We got Mabel a kids tunnel. She loves it and crawls through on her knees! She can't drag herself in it, so I think this is great practice for her! Plus, all she knows is it is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment