Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Only three more days...

Well, actually it is two days and 13.5 hours, but whose counting.

I wish I could say we have been walking on air, this being the final week of our spica journey, but we are still battling this mother of all colds. Mabel is feeling better, but I'm now so sick and so is Zack. Mabel goes through waves of acting like her old self and crying from frustration and exhustion. She did spend some time playing on the floor, she hasn't done that since last Thrusday so that was good. After her morning nap, she woke crying, she was not happy at all. It wasn't until she wouldn't take her afternoon nap that I discovered her diaper had leaked! There was a hidden wet spot in the padding above her right leg. I have officially had it with this cast. This is the third leak this week. I know it is because she is able to move so well now and she likes to sleep and play on her side, basically I've tried it all, it seems like there is little I can do besides looking in those tricky spots and using the hair drier to dry it. Luckily there is no smell. Friday can't come too soon!

Right now I just want us to feel better. We are on vacation and this is our only vacation and we are sick and home bound. It isn't like we would do anything fancy, we can't travel far in the spica since the carseat needs a wedge to hold her at the right height and frankly it freaks me out. But you know maybe we would have wanted to get lunch or something, but we are too sick. My big plans of babyproofing have been put on hold, but tomorrow is another day right.

I'm so excited to think in just a few days I'll be able to hold my baby all squishy and soft without that cast between us. I imagine she will feel really light, but seem so tall since we haven't seen her upright in three months. Three long months...I miss that little left knee. I just all goes well and the cast comes off and fast. The one thing I'm dreading is how scary it may be for her having that cast cut off. It will be good in the end though.

Here's to hoping we sleep well and feel better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment