Friday, January 1, 2010

Now I know...

So I know what was bugging Mabel the other night, she's sick... she has a heck of a cold. It started two nights ago when she couldn't sleep and now she has a raging cold complete with fever, runny nose, sneezing and coughing. This is her first cold ever. I wish we could have avoided this forever, this is no fun. I guess we are lucky we made it so long without a cold so I shouldn't complain - I can only guess she got it at Christmas, all the people she came in contact with, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. She is in great spirits considering she obviously feeling horrible. It has been a rough couple of days for all of us, luckily I had a short day yesterday and then today off for the holiday...but I do have to work tomorrow for a couple of hours. I sure hope Mabel starts feeling better!

We're on vacation starting this weekend, so I guess the timing is good in the fact that we can just hang out around the house and take it easy and if Mabel doesn't sleep well then we have chances to take naps. If there is a advantage to the spica in current situation of Mabel not feeling well it is that since she is so congested and can't sleep well lying down, she has been sleeping in her old bouncy seat. In the spica I can strap her in and she can't sit up or fall out, a non-spica-one-year-old would not be able to use an infant seat anymore. So hey, there is a use for the spica!

On the bright side if all goes as according to plan, this time next week Mabel will be cast free!

No comments:

Post a Comment