Thursday, January 21, 2010

Making Lemonade...



Well, I was sick of seeing this ugly sterile white brace on my cutie, not to mention that the cat fur in our home from our three cats just stick to this thing resulting in lint rolling and cleaning all the time because it looks awful! So Mabel and I one night while she played brace free before her tub took lemons (or in this case her ugly brace) and made lemonade (in this case a fun brace).

Mabel was so excited when she saw me decorating her brace. She kept crawling up on my lap to look at what I was doing. I added flowers to the plastic part of the bum and then took ribbon and added velcro to it so it can just velcro onto the velcro straps, that way I can change the look if I wanted. I went for fun and it worked now when I look at her in her brace I smile! I was so excited to show Zack and when he looked at it he said "it's a little busy isn't it?" Ok, yes it is busy, but it is fun. Flowers and polka dots! Mabel loves it she points at the polka dots on the straps.

It worked for me, now I don't feel like I need to cover the brace up all the time, I actually like to see it now!

1 comment: