Wednesday, September 15, 2010

All good...

I watch Mabel walk around the house and I can't believe the difference in the past few months. Life is normal now. We don't see a doctor for her hip until after her birthday...her second birthday! I can't believe it. When we went to the play center on Monday and I watched her walking around with other babies her age, you'd never know what she's been through with her hips. I can't even explain how that makes me feel.

So, I had been thinking about if I wanted to continue with Mabel's blog and if so how. I really want to print this out and call it a chapter in our lives so later on Mabel can see this process that she'll never remember. Maybe it will give her some insight into me as a person, not just her mother. So I think I'm ready to move on to another blog that is not hip centered - since now our lives don't revolve around Mabel's hip.

I wanted to keep this blog really centered on our hip dysplasia journey for anyone out there that needs some encouragement, so I promise to update on any hip and or mobility news on this blog, but for day to day non-hip news I started our new family blog: http://www.freetimeatfiveam.blogspot.com/

Both a sigh of relief and in some ways a little melancholy - even when moving on to better things I tend to get sentimental. As hard as the last year was, I wouldn't change one second of it - yes, even the spica cast parts! It was our story and it was perfect.

Check out our new blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment