Monday, August 2, 2010

Those little legs...

Well, another week and we are still having a blast with the walking. I have to say, no complaints about having a toddling toddler. Everyone told me, "Wait till she walks - you'll wonder why you wanted it so bad!" but you know what, I love it! I love seeing her walk around and stand up by herself and walk with her dolls - everything. I guess if you don't have the prospective I do then having a mobile baby is another story, but this has been a long time coming and so welcomed of a transition.

We've had a great week all together. Everyday Mabel's walking skills get better and better and and she even started to dance yesterday! We had a picnic dinner on the back deck with the radio playing and Mabel just stood up and her little feet started moving and she was dancing and laughing so loud! She's just too funny. We took a couple really nice walks out around town in different stores, I love when Mabel proclaims "Own!" when she wants to walk, but it is a different shopping experience all together when she's lose. We are lucky that when out in public she really prefers to hold our hand so that makes life a lot easier. I can't wait for our Thursday physical therapy - the doctor will be so impressed! I have to say I'll be happy to have the physical therapy behind us even though I know Mabel does like it since to her it is just play time and I do like the doctor and all. Right now it almost feels like everything is normal, our lives don't revolve around Mabel's hips. We don't have another orthopedic appointment until December! Oh, the thought of no doctors...what a wonderful feeling!



So, one thing I learned about Mabel pretty early on is she doesn't perform for people or the camera. If she does something good luck trying to get her to do it for an audience or the camera - she just won't, but as soon as the camera is off or she's alone with us then she's back to talking or walking. Finally I've captured the illusive Mabel on camera actually walking. She won't do much performance as you can see, but still look at that walking! Also, just for the heck of it, the second video is of Mabel playing her harmonica and penny whistle and pretending to burp. She's a one man band!

No comments:

Post a Comment